In 1969 a 14 year-old boy broke into John Lennon’s hotel room in Toronto with a reel-to-reel tape recorder and convinced him to do an interview.
This animation is based on the conversation that ensued :)
hello long lost blog… i have returned!! :P
new brief = animation. parce que - animation research.
The printing process with a pre-inked letterpress-
1) select letters
2) arrange in intended order and tape together (this prevents their movement in the press)
3) pack letters onto the printing bed using furniture (small wooden or metal blocks which hold the type blocks in position).
4) position and secure paper into press using foot pedal and clips
5) roll the press handle clockwise until print barrel has rolled over type and “clicked” at other end
6) remove paper, blocks and furniture, and clean type using gloves, rags, and white spirit.
A collaborative sculpture project you might say….. :P
(Courtesy of Richard and Emma Harrison)